Saturday, September 19, 2009

Profiles in Obnoxiousness

Today was the first show I had to work. Here are a few of the interesting dialogues I had with patrons.

Patron: When the doors open, that's when we go in right?
Me: Yep.
Patron: (scandelously) What's up stairs?
Me: Uh...the balcony....


Me: Hi, are you here for the show?
Patron: Yes I'm just headed to the bathroom.
Me: oh okay.
(Patron puts one leg forward as if to take a step, stops and stands as though contemplating which way to go)
Me: The bathrooms are right down this way.
Patron: I know, I'm just holding it in for a second.

Me: I'm sorry, but I'll have to have you folks step out into the lobby, I've got to clear the balcony as quickly as I can.
Patron: Well, I know but we're not staying - what's the reason?
Me: We've got to get the set changed, there's another show on Monday and they've got to get the set ready.
Patron: Well, we won't look at it.
Me:....Sorry.....

What was that thing Mark Twain said about marching in a parade of idiots?

3 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

Dory i love it! Believe me I know how it feels to have to hold pee for a minute!

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

That's gross don't you love the intimacy of the theater?

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

I love your play list on here Its good to know that someone else also loves two gallants!