Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Miss The List

So I was going through some of my old posts, and I saw a list of celebrities I'd like to hug and it was good. Not to brag, but I giggled a bit to myself, so it regular me fashion here is the latest adventures in Doryland followed by a bit of fun.
Adventures:
  • Attended Your A Good Man Charlie Brown cast party (attempting to chat-up older man and finding out more than I ever wanted to know about Tony Carter ensued)
  • Got called back for Stage 2's Dearly Departed (quick readings ensued)
  • Saw Grandma :) (fabric ensued)
  • Got to see Charlie Brown perform (giggling ensued: Joe Spear sucking his thumb is the cutest freaking thing I've ever seen)
  • Watched Zombieland with Marlena (laughed and lack of sleep ensued)
  • Went to Logan to audition for Lyric (mild disappointment ensued)
And now a bit of fun. This is a segment I like to call, Dory's Dreams. As some of you know, I have some pretty entertaining dreams, some of them about mundane things that could happen but don't, others about celebrities. So here are my favorite celebrity dreams and one that does not involve a famous person but I think it will make you smile.

  • Neil Diamond + 4th grade teacher= fun: This was my fist celebrity dream, I had it when I was about ten. I dreampt that Neil had agreed to perform at the High School auditorium (don't ask why) and a bunch of my elementary teachers were to be his back-up dancers, most notably a certain male teacher (remembered for his exotic pets) and my own 4th grade teacher (the one who taught Spannish). The latter was dressed in a sparkly dance costume with tassels and stuff. Anywho, our whole school was invited to the concert and for some reason my sister Bethany and I were recruited to be on Neil's stage crew. At the end of the concert Neil gave us each a quilt as a "thank you" gift. Unfortunately I lost mine that night and couldn't find it anywhere. I don't remember if I ever found it....anyway, it's also interesting to note that the Neil Diamond in my dream is not the salt-and-pepper-haired wrikly-smiling Neil Diamond of my turn of the century youth, he was in fact the long-haired, sparkly-skirted, leather-pants clad, braclet-wearing Neil Diamond of the 1970's (hence the need for back-up dancers)
  • The Kenny B. Series: From about fifth to seventh grade I went through a Kenneth Brannagh-worshiping phase. I tried to watch every movie he ever made (not possible becasue some were rated "R"), I printed pictures of him off the internet for fun (that's what we did in 2000), and I nearly writhed in extasy when I found out he was in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. This adoration led to a series of three rather lame dreams.
    A. The one where he did an assembly at my school. B. The one where he held a religious service similar to a Catholic mass, after which my friends and I hung out with him in his dressing room. (Nothing happened, we just chilled). C. The one where he was a professor at my prep school and a friend and I helped him pick out a nice calculator (I think we chose the TI 83...the 89 wasn't out yet).
  • Shatner: This may be the lamest one. I met William Shatner at a convention (not even a Star Trek convention, some kind of municipal-league-type convention) and I became his assistant for the day and followed him around helping him collect free food and swag.
  • Professor Plum: I was trying to do these in chronological order, but I had to save this one for last even though it occured way before the Shatner dream. So, when I was a kid I got in an arguement over how much control we have over what we dream. My friends insisted that no one can help what they dream, dreams just happen; I continued to argue that dreams are a product of what we think about (a number of times I've drifted off thinking about a show or an important meeting to take place the next day and found myself dreaming about it). Not long after engaging in this arguement I happened to watch the movie Clue, in which Christopher Lloyd (of Back to the Future fame) plays Professor Plum, a psychiatrist who has inappropriate relationships with his patients. That night I had a dream that Christopher Lloyed (not professor plum, but Lloyd himself) was my psychiatrist, and we had, well, to put it nicely, an inappropriate relationship. (In my defence this was young, well-groomed Christopher Lloyd, not nasty Denis the Menace Christopher Lloyd). The next day I went to school and told my friends they were right. I was convinced they were right because if I could have chosen a celebrity to have that kind of dream about it would have been Branagh, or Hugh Grant, or Jude Law, or someone mildly attractive...like Pete Sampris, but no! It had to be Sodding Christopher Lloyd! So there, now you all know the Christopher Lloyd story. Glad I got that off my chest.
  • The Mexican Car theif: I had this dream after I finally drifted off after staying awake for hours afraid of having Zombie dreams. I dreampt that my room mate and I pulled into a crappy hamburger stand run by a family of nice Mexicans. They gave us a free hamburger as part of a promotion, but we decided not to stay and eat there. So as part of a combined brain-fart we both walked to the wrong car which was a different model and color than my car. Just as we realized we had the wrong car I saw someone pull away in my car. We tracked him down, and found him at a chop shop with my car (luckily it was still in one piece) and interrogated the theif. He was the owner of the restaurant we had snubbed, and he had stolen the car for revenge, since we decided not to stay. I sat the guy down and yelled in his face, "why'd you take my car you mother f-er?" He said, "I'm sorry seniorita, I was angry at you, I didn't mean to steal it I was just so mad." So I continued to yell at him throwing in various explitives. He just kept cowering and apologizing until I woke up.

3 comments:

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

Oh Dory, I'm so glad your Christopher Loyd Dream has finally come out of the Closet. It is by far my favorite. I love your crazy dreams.

Bethany Gilson said...

Dory that was truly hilarious to read those!

Dale and Courtney said...

I personally like this newest one with Mr. P and Miss W. in sparkles and tassles back up dancing for Neil Diamond. Though I must say, the Christopher Lloyd dream is classic.