Friday, June 5, 2009

Random Phot Friday (yet again, for the first time in a long time)

It's been a while since I've posted anything, mostly because I haven't had anything to post about that my sister's haven't already posted. But just so you don't give up on me completely, here is a new addition of random photo Friday, which I think needs to be reinstated.

So, this photo was taken last year inside the "Government Caves" or as we know them, The Blast Holes. As many of you may know, these caves were created by a government test to see if this kind of sandstone (I don't know the name, but my dad does) could withstand a Nuclear blast. They drilled holes in the rock and filled them with enough dynamite to simulate and A-bomb, then blew the place up. The rock passed the test! This isn't a very interesting picture, there's nobody in it and it doesn't even show the cave's true dimensions very well, but now it's a rare picture because after years of threatening to do it, the state has finally closed off the caves. No one will ever see the inside of the Gub-ment caves again.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

The MAN is always filling up our holes! Damn the man!