Okay, so I knew it might be hard to live with a roomate who is habitually messy. No one told me how hard it would be to live with one who is a clean freak in an almost Howard Hughesian way. My roomate is so obsesses with clean and having our kitchen look clean that it's almost counter-productive. My first week here she was sick and I and two of my roomates left some dishes in the sink to wash later. While we were gone she washed them, and I thought, "Oh, yeah, that's great, go touch all the things I eat off of with your germy hands." Last night I left some pasta to cool on the counter before I could put the lid on and put it in the fridge. I kinda forgot about it (my bad) and left it there. She knocked on my door and said, "did you want me to clean up your stuff?" I said, "oh, no, I'm sorry, I forgot about it. I was waiting for it to cool before I put it in the fridge." she was all like, "You can put it in the fridge when it's piping hot." "Well, yeah," I said, "but you can't put a lid on it when it's hot." "Why not?" she said. "Because it'll like, mold and breed germs," I answered. "Well, I didn't learn that in my cooking class but whatever," she shrugged.
See what I mean? Someone tell me what to do before I kill the poor girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Take deeeeeeeeep breaths,count to 10 and ask St. Anthony for help... That was totally a mash quote! You'll find a happy medium... or you won't and kill her, either way, She'll be out of your hair :)
Just do your best to keep things that you share clean. Also,be glad you don't have pubic hair for you bathroom carpet like my college dorms had! Sick
Welcome to the wonderful world of roommates! Try not to be passive aggressive like it sounds like she has been. Be respectful to her and ask her to be respectful to you- which includes leaving your things alone, even if she does have an overwhelming urge to put them away.
And like Bethany said, it could be worse. At least all your roommate did was wash your dishes while she was sick and germy, she didn't puke all over them... on purpose.
I say just go with the kill instinct! I am NO good with roomates!
Post a Comment